Ms. Krista Fishback
I am up and coming Middle School Teacher that is currently in training and studying to become the best teacher I can be for my future students. I have spent most of my developing years in North Austin, but I have experienced different types of education during those times. I have been a student in public school, Charter school, and a DoD school, which is the military education system for military children. During my time behind the student desk, I was being exposed to my classmates different cultures and backgrounds. I would not change my experience as a student in these different school types for anything because it had an influence to me becoming a teacher.
The most eye opening schooling was being in the DoD system because they should me how you can have functioning school with multiple different backgrounds and how to respect and support your students through tough times personally. They were the most flexible with their schools and it impacted me to be more in control of how spend my time in school and outside of school. After going through that school system I went to public school in a small town, where they were very strict with rules and attendance. All of these experiences showed me what makes a good teacher and a not connecting teacher.
Okay, I am done talking about schools. I am also a half-world traveler and half-couch sloth. I have been to about 13 or so countries mostly in Europe, but now I can be found on my couch watching YouTube or reading a romance book. I only read lighthearted things because I have to read heavy materials for classes and my brain becomes fried afterwards. I am also a history sponge and the only history period that I do not like to learn about is colonial because it is boring and repeated thoroughly in history classes. Can't wait to see what other topics I will be writing for this class and in the future!
Comments
Post a Comment