The Worth of Knowledge
As a person that is very curious and like to see multiple sides about a single event, I think that everything in history is worth learning about. I am a big advocate for the null curriculum, before I knew what it was called that. I always wanted my students to learn and understand that people experienced historical events and had different opinions about the event. If we as a society recognized that people can look at the same event in different ways and have different opinion about then we can later be a more openminded society that celebrates and encourages the differences that we as a society have.
I also think that focusing on a null curriculum also allows us to understand our faults as a country and that we need to grow together to make sure that our future can grow from that. I also think that we need to encourage our students to look into more information about the content that is being introduced to them because they needed to be guided to the information. Then they need to build on that introduction and they could being in their knowledge about the content or personal experience that is related to content. I wonder if we start having a more independent think education system, would we have a society that is more welcoming of differences or would or society that still judge others for their opinions?
Maybe the thought of having an education that is more inclusive is unrealistic because how would a teacher be able to fit that must content into the school schedule and with the current structure of standardized testing. I just that having or students understand that our history is not one-dimensional and is very complex as it is currently.
Comments
Post a Comment