Movie Teachers
One of the first movies that I had saw while in class that was not a cartoon, documentary, or a school subject related was the movie Freedom Writers. I can not remember when exactly I had saw it, but it was in school for one of my classes. I actually really like the movie because of the subject that it was covering of a teacher coming in to teach students that were experiencing a tough life in East LA. I had also like other things about the movie, like exploring the individual lives of the students, but it is one of the movies that I remember that had a super-teacher in the education system, which was different from what I saw in my school during that day. I was used to seeing teachers that cared, but they did not do the same as Mrs. Gruwell did in the film. I never thought less of my current teachers, but when I think about myself becoming a teacher now, I would think about her character rather than the teachers that I had in my class. Which is kind of sad because I did have good teachers that cared and helped me move up in the education system to be in college today. The thoughts of being a teacher or the ideal teacher should be based off the teachers that are in the education system and not the ones that we see on a Tv screen. I think that if we switch the TV teacher into a teacher that we currently have in our classes then we would not need to have super-teachers instead we would have teachers that show they cared in realistic scenarios. What are some characteristics that you picked up from Tv teachers that you wanted to put on yourself, once you became a teacher? Were you inspired by Tv teachers to become a teacher or your teachers in the classroom?
Comments
Post a Comment